Tuesday, May 15, 2012

FIREFLIES!

I look forward to the fireflies every year!  Last night was the maiden voyage for this year.  I love how the lights are all different colors.  Blues, yellows and I even saw a green one last night!  I love watching them blink on and off in random patterns. I have to wonder about how the lady fireflies pick and choose a proper mate.  I have heard they like the brightest lights, but what about the colors? I certainly hope they never decide on just one color!

We have a wooded area on our property that has been dubbed the "Fairy Forest".  When you look out on a summer evening to the "Forest",  with a little imagination you can "see" the "Fairies" dancing in the trees.  I know that I will never lose the magic of the Fairy Forest and that the Fairies will continue to dance there as long as I continue to believe!

No comments:

Post a Comment