Thursday, October 11, 2012

Sick kitty/Healthy kitty

Cats can get comfortable just about anywhere. It doesn't matter if they fit into the space or not, just as long as they can curl up and not feel like they are going to fall off.  Of course, sometimes they do fall off and we laugh at them and they become indignant!  I mean, REALLY, how dare we laugh AT them? As independent as they are and as fiesty as they are, it still causes pain when they hurt.  Royhad a really bad fever at the beginning of this week.  He was fine on Sunday morning and then in the evening when I came home, he was lethargic and had diarrhea.  I waited until the following morning to see if he just had a tummy ache but he was not any better by then.  A trip to the vet found his temperature at 106!!!  That is scary high.  He ended up staying 2 nights in the hospital while he got IV fluids and antibiotics. I am happy to say that he is home and is his old self once more but it was sure scarey to see him so sick.  When Roy doesn't want to eat OR go outside, you know that something is really wrong.

I guess I have to adjust my first statement, cats don't get too comfortable at the vets office!  When I took Roy in, the staff was SO sympathetic and quickly moved into action to get Roy feeling better. (Abilene Animal Hospital you are all the best!).  The next day I stopped in after work to check on Roy and everyone was still very sympathetic and worried about Roy even though he did show signs of improvement.  The following day I walked in after I had gotten off work and the first receptionist looked at me and said, "Roy is ready to go home and telling everyone about it!"  Then another receptionist walked around the corner and said, "Oh good, you're here!  Roy wants to go home!"  I went to go sit down in the lobby and a vet tech came around the corner and looked at me and said, "Roy REALLY wants to go home!"   I was busting up laughing by this point, knowing that "my" Roy was back in full force when the Dr. came around the corner and said, "Roy is telling EVERYONE that he wants to go home!!" 

So, Roy is home and healthy and happy and isn't that all that matters? Now, if I can just convince him that antibiotics twice a day are a good thing!  Yeah, that's not happening!

No comments:

Post a Comment