Sunday, June 3, 2012

Guess What?

I called my best friend today while she was at work.  I had important and exciting news to share with her.  She answered the phone and I said, "GUESS WHAT?"

Remember when we were children and we got a new "something"?  We would be so excited to share whatever it was with our friends.  If it was a new coat, we modeled it.  If it was a new bike, we rode up and down the sidewalk to show off its moves.  If it was a boy, we would talk and giggle for hours about him.  Ah the joys of childhood and that lovely phrase, "GUESS WHAT?"

So, my best friend was on the other end of the phone anxiously waiting for me to impart to her the "WHAT" of my question.  I told her that I had just used my brand new steam cleaner and cleaned the downstairs carpet and the stairs!!!!!!!!!  She oohhhhed and awwwwed the proper responses and agreed that she was glad that I called to tell her.  We discussed cleaners and carpet solutions and how to properly clean out the dog hair from the steam cleaner for a few minutes and then hung up.   After pondering our conversation for a few moments, I had to chuckle.  It seems that "GUESS WHAT?" has aged as I have!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment