Monday, July 2, 2012

My neice, Judi and I recently visited Tanganyika Wildlife Park in Goddard, Kansas.  It is advertised to be one of the best interactive zoos in the nation.  As you can see from Judi's expression, maybe it is TOO interactive!  I laugh everytime I look at this photo.  Judi was game to try going into the Lorikeet pen and wanted to feed them, but was afraid that she would get bitten by one of them.  Judi has a history of being bitten by birds.  It seems that every time one of them lands on her it goes for an ear, a finger, a nose...no wonder she is a bit leery!  Especially with the one on her shoulder.  But, she put on her  best, "I don't like it but I will make the best of it" face and dived right in!  Happily there were no bites this trip and once the Lorikeet got off her shoulder and onto her hand, she was much happier.  I was proud of Judi for overcoming her fears so that she could still see the beauty of these birds. Isn't that a life lesson for us all?

No comments:

Post a Comment