Thursday, August 23, 2012

What makes you happy!

One of the quotes I have on my "Happy Door" ,(see previous post for explanation), is "Do more of what makes you happy!" I went to a concert tonight and it made me VERY happy!  I almost didn't go because I was giving myself my usual excuses of " You have to get up early in the morning." "It probably won't be any good." and so on.  The concert in question was Ronny Cox playing at Great Plains Theater in Abilene.  Yep, right here in my own town. I looked Mr Cox up on the Internet and listened to some of his music on line and really liked the home grown, folk/bluegrass thing he had going on.  I STILL tried to make up excuses, "I'll have to go on my own because everyone else is working".  Then I looked up at my Happy Door and I saw the little frog in the picture dancing and the caption saying, "Do more of what makes you happy!"  I immediately ordered my ticket.  I just got home a little while ago.  I had SO much fun!!  Mr. Cox was delightful, greeting everyone at the door with a smile and a handshake and he wanted to know every one's name.  Then the singing and playing began!  Mr. Cox likes to tell stories and with the intimate setting in the old converted Chapel, it felt like we were sitting around in someones living room with friends. The songs he played with accompaniment from his two fellow musicians, made us laugh and cry and tap toes and clap hands.  God decided to join the band with a light show sparkling off the stained glass windows and a BIG bass drum thrown in to boot.  The music never missed a beat.  I am so glad that I decided to post things on my Happy Door and I am even more glad that I listened to the advice from those quotes.  I did more of what makes me happy and good music ALWAYS makes me happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment