Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Stained glass eyes






My eyes are stained.
Stained with fear.  Fear of impending changes some completely out of my control. Fear of  changes that will affect my future plans.  Fear of life progressing around me and not being able to stop it or slow it down.
 
 My eyes are stained with Pain.
 Pain as my body ages and that my mind continually cajoles and shames it into doing things it isn't made for any longer.  Pain in watching a friend lose her father and reliving the pain of losing my mother and knowing that someday too soon I will lose my father as well.

 My eyes are stained with grief.
 Grief for that same friend as she bravely makes her way through her own stained eyes.

 My eyes are stained with Rage.
Rage over the events that are out of my control and for the people who just cant seem to see the Fear, Pain and Grief in the worlds eyes.

My eyes are stained  with sadness.
Sadness of the accumulation of all of the above and the way it has Stained my view of myself and the world around me.

I have decided that our eyes will always be stained and that we will view our world and our selves through those stains.  I have decided that I will have Stained Glass Eyes and I choose to create my vision with a never ending palate of color.  I will use the Fear, Pain, Grief and Rage as contrasting color to the Love, Laughter, Joy and Freedom that I will infuse in my Stained Glass eyes.  Just as great works of art adorn Cathedral windows with hues of reds, greens, blues and yellows, I will use the darker colors to frame and shade their beauty. Some refer to this as looking through rose colored glasses.  To them I say, my eyes are stained glass eyes and I prefer the beauty of looking through these eyes over the stains of bitterness and sorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment